Rome Underground Tour with kids
Do you or your children have a fascination with stories of the dead, ancient rituals, or imagine about cities that lie underground? Are they interested in mummies and skeletons and learning what happened in the lives of the people whose remains are buried beneath the churches? Are you on a pilgrimage to witness significant places and artifacts important to early Christianity?
Underneath the city of Rome there is another world waiting for you full of mystery, relics of ancient rituals, and layers of history from the earliest periods of the great Roman Empire to modern day Catholicism in Rome.
Our Rome Underground Tour takes you and your family through the most famous and interesting sites of Underground Rome and venues of historical significance to Christianity including the decorative Crypt of the Capuchins, Church of St. Clemens visiting the 4 subterranean levels, the Holy Steps, the Church of St. John in Lateran, and more.
You will go underground to explore, learn, and discover how the Romans once lived and also transformed ancient pagan temples into today’s most beautiful cathedrals.
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required in order to reserve this tour. This does not guarantee availability, especially during high season.
- Tour length is 2.5 hours and is mixed with outdoor and indoor venues.
- This tour may not be suitable for very young children who can be frightened easily by seeing skeletons or bones.
- Entrance tickets are required. There is 1 taxi ride required during the 3-hour tour between venues.
- This tour is available everyday except major holidays.
- This tour will continue as scheduled in rainy weather. Bring appropriate raingear if rain is advised.
- Comfortable walking shoes are suggested. The terrain throughout the city contains cobblestones and other uneven pavement.
- A visit to the Catacombs is not included in the 3-hour tour. We can add an additional hour to your tour as requested. The guide can accompany you and will explain the venue before entering. Once at the Catacombs you will join a group led at the Catacombs and your guide will not be permitted to speak.
- Transportation from your hotel is not included. Please inquire for the fee of our service if you would like to hire our private driver.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good